LESS is MORE
Welcome to the NEW Prosper Media Group, Inc. quarterly project newsletter, your source for video tech info, how-to, tips, DIY, as well as programming information for our EMMY-nominated educational television series, Downstream and kNOwMORE. We’re only sending this keep the info concise and the videos short and “infotaining.” We GUARANTEE you will learn something 4X per year!
Quarterly Quote: “We often discover what will do by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.”
– Samuel Smiles
HOW TO MAKE VIDEO USING MOBILE PHONE
Make your own video much? A lot of folks think they can do it on their smart phones, and while we can list many limitations, we know you’ll probably try it anyway so we figure, eh, may as well provide some pointers on how to make video using mobile phone.
- First, be prepared. If you’re shooting outside check the weather and have a plan for what you want. Next, make sure you have good lighting, avoid using a flash and watch for back-light.
- Turn your phone horizontally! Filming vertically will give you black bars on the side of your image. Think about it, do you mount your TV at home that way? If you aren’t using a tripod – then use a tripod and buy an adapter for less than $10 that screws on and snugly holds your phone.
- Don’t forget that the audio matters just as much as the video so avoid noisy areas and try to stay close to your subject if you don’t have a mic. Speaking of that, wanna make sure your audio is crisp and easy to hear? A microphone is your best bet: For under $100 you can purchase a lapel microphone or a shot-gun mic.
- Don’t use the digital zoom feature of your smartphone, it makes for poor image quality and looks unprofessional. Always stay in focus! Touch your screen on the object you want the audience to look at.
- Your last step is to make it look pretty and, luckily, there’s an app for that! Though we find using mobile apps to edit video to be tedious and frustrating, it can be done, but it may be best to download your video footage to your computer to save your sanity.
With these tips and tricks in mind you are destined to be the next Spielberg or, er, probably not. Lights, Smartphone, ACTION!
Remember, the Internet is a crowded place. Start engaging your audience with video.
DISS & DAT: MORE TIPS FOR MAKING A SMARTPHONE VIDEO:
- 7 ways to get pro quality video
- Recording better video with a smartphone
- Recording pro video with a smartphone
Party Barges, Races, Country Boys & Old Wine.
Sponsored by VisitLex and Kentucky American Water, come discover the Kentucky River, including majestic Boone Creek, as well as the historic lock and museum at Boonesboro. Kentucky’s first 255 mile river race gets rained on but craft brews abound with featured stories on Country Boy Brewing as well as North America’s First Vineyard wines. This second episode Premieres June 12 on KET’s family of networks.
- KETKY: Mon, 6/12 at 5:30a ET
- KETKY: Thur, 6/5 at 7:30p ET
- KET: Sun, 6/18 at 3:30p ET
- KET: Thur, 6/22 at 12:30a ET
- KET2: Mon, 6/26 at 12:00a ET
- KETKY: Mon, 6/26 at 5:30a ET
- KET2: Sun, 7/9 at 12:30a ET
- KETKY: Thur, 8/3 at 10:00p ET
COMMUNITY SERVICE THROUGH VIDEO
Last year PMG produced an episode on Kentucky nonprofits helping those with disabilities and included in that show was Louisville’s Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies. The story was so popular that they invited us back to produce an additional promotional piece on the organization. In 2017 PMG was contacted by an Ignite Louisville team to help produce some PSA TV ads for the organization. All in all it has been a delight to work with the Kids Center and be part of their mission.
“Working with you and your team has been a delight from day one and you continue to provide support in very impactful ways. We are very grateful!” – Sue Fenske
Click above to watch our kNOwMORE story on the Kids Center or tune into the entire episode on airing on KETKY later this summer.
KETKY: Every Tuesday at 1:30p ET
METRO LOUISVILLE: Sat 7:30p, Sun 8p, Mon 2a, Tue 12p
PADUCAH 2: Mon 4p,Tues 7p, Wed 8a,
CCTV (Campbell Co): Tue 3p
360 Virtual Reality Panoramic Photo / Video Services Now Available.
Our Done In 360 web portal allows you to preview 360 Image and Video samples and order videos for your business or organization.
Please browse our samples and service offerings and if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at 888-528.1999
Once we have your 360 degree images we can customize and edit your video by adding voice-over talent, on-screen host, embed videos into your 3D project, add text, graphics or music. Order here when you’re ready.
Please Help Us Continue Educating our Communities in 2017. We have corporate sponsor and underwriting opportunities available. Put your organization’s name on a great cause that is seen state-wide. If your organization has a passion for any of the above topics, or you know of a corporation that supports causes and charities dedicated to these areas of importance, please have them contact us so that we may share these opportunities.